Orchard Theatre’s Summer Youth Project Show a Big Hit - Dominic

 

The Summer Youth Project at the Orchard Theatre this year was incredible! How they managed to pull it off with only 2 weeks to rehearse shows how much work they all must have put into it. This year’s show was Big the musical, which is about a 12 year old boy who wishes to be an adult on a Zoltar machine, then wakes up and he’s exactly that! He is then thrown into the world of grown-ups but isn’t ready. In my opinion, the transformation from boy to adult was done really well. The show made me feel all the right emotions at all the right times. I loved it.

My favourite parts were the big ensemble numbers when everyone was performing. The song ’Fun’ was a good one. It’s when adult Josh meets Mr Macmillan, the owner of a toy company that is now a place of no fun whatsoever. Josh helps Macmillan realise that fun isn’t data and sales. It’s happiness and spontaneity. The singing and acting was very good.


Overall, I would have hated to have missed it and I’m very glad that I got to see it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review For Big - Sofia

Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Lily

Orchard Summer Youth Project "Big the Musical" - Macie